The Midwest: where you can go from 80 degree weather, to 24 straight hours of heavy rain, to snow, all over a single weekend.
Cause of death: enemies reprising each others’ songs in musicals
TIL that “The Last Supper” was a Passover Seder.
literally how does anyone not believe in aliens
are u really so anthropocentric that you think there are millions and billions and trillions of light years of the ever expanding universe but we’re the only life to possibly exist smh
Note that there’s a difference between “alien life out there somewhere in the mind-bogglingly massive universe” and “alien life visiting us.” The nearest potentially life-supporting planets are really far away, and civilizations are only in the space-travel supporting stage for a very short time.
okay but actually why does tumblr even have a “chat” post type. what functionality does it contribute that couldn’t be built easily built into the text post infrastructure. and while we’re at it, why does it use that really ugly monospace font.
Things my English degree has taught me:
- How to write an essay
- How to use sparknotes to write papers on books you’ve never read and still get an A
- How to use eloquent language to bullshit your way to an A on a paper
- What the real definition of irony is
- That’s it
Useful. Very useful.
What my English major is currently teaching me:
- the schools of thought that lead to the original novels
- how to understand beauty and the sublime
- how words and language shape meaning
- how to best appreciate literature
- cultural differences expressed through literature
- how to write like someone who’s not an asshat
maybe your shitty attitude is the result of bad education, but please don’t bash a major that gives us so much
- how to be super fun at parties
people who wear sandals in the shower are weak
Anonymous asked: you know that wrestling is fake right lol
so is the entire united states government. we’re being controlled by shapeshifting lizards. suck my balls